It is our policy to minimize our impact on the environment wherever practicably possible by ensuring that environmental issues and awareness remain at the forefront of every decision we make.
Key points of our policy:
- Movivan Removals promotes recycling or re-use of packing materials. We made our customers aware of our free collection services of used boxes and where possible we reuse the boxes. If the boxes cannot be reused we recycle them.
- We always try to minimize the impact on the environment when planning each journey. Wherever possible we plan backloads and take into account likely congestion and different times of the day when deciding on a route.
- Where we are required to dispose of goods we choose to only use waste transfer stations that recycle.
- We ensure that all company vehicles are well maintained by way of daily inspections and ten weekly full mechanical inspections to make sure they are operating efficiently. These checks also allow us to take preventative maintenance, which helps minimize our environmental impact.
- When purchasing new vehicles, the impact of the vehicle on the environment is of key importance to us.
- By ordering large quantities of required materials and storing them at our depots we are able to reduce the number of deliveries we receive and therefore help our suppliers reduce their impact on the environment. We only choose suppliers that maintain good environmental practices.
- Our vehicles all meet emissions standards of Euro 4 or above. To achieve this we have had particulate traps fitted to our vehicles, which would not have met Euro 3 standard without them. This has helped us reduce our vehicle’s impact on the environment.